MORE PIECES TO THE PUZZLE
Be sure to register!
- Review the IBTV Challenge Rules & Rewards and complete the registration form if you haven’t already.
Welcome back, Dr. Thiel!
In this episode, Dr. Thiel teaches us all about pH balance and achieving proper alkalinity in our bodies. To get the additional summary notes as Tiffany promised in the show, please be sure to complete the below challenge.
- Dr. Robert Thiel, PhD, NMD authored The Truth About Vitamins & Minerals in Supplements & Naturopathy for the 21st Century
- Founder of Doctors’ Research whole food nutritional supplements
- First scientist since World War II to get a paper published in a major medical journal explaining why ALL vitamins are better if they’re REAL.
“Eating a healthy. diet—pure water, real food—is best for your pH and your general health.” ~Dr. Robert Thiel
Check your pH balance
SALIVA should be a bit alkaline
URINE should be a bit acidic
Did you know with Donna – Butternut Squash & Mushroom Gnocchi
Did you know that mushrooms have been touted for their ability to inhibit aromatase an enzyme that produces estrogen. Therefore it is has been shown to reduce breast cancer by a whopping 64%!
Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 2 white potatoes
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese (Heart Healthy or Violife)
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Cut the squash in half and sprinkle with salt pepper and olive oil. Cut 2 potatoes in half and place in oven for 25-30 minutes (test with fork).
Let the squash and potatoes completely cool then scoop out the butternut and potato flesh and add to a mixer or food processor.
Add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Slowly add 1/4 cup of gluten free flour until the dough holds together and is almost smooth. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently. Roll with hands into a rope 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick and cut into 1-inch pieces. Optional *use a fork to slightly roll the edge for ridged gnocchi. Place in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
Tarragon Mushroom Sauce
- 2 packages of organic baby bella mushrooms sliced in half
- Fresh organic tarragon, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and salt. When they turn golden brown remove from heat and toss in a bowl with chopped tarragon, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add the gnocchi until they float to the top. This happens quickly—approximately 2 minutes
Add the gnocchi to tarragon mushrooms and toss with more olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy this beautiful vegan dish!
Butternut Squash is high in calcium, magnesium, beta carotene and phosphorus and one cup contains over 450 mg of potassium, 6 grams of fiber, half the recommended daily dose of vitamin C.
Beta-Carotene is a carotenoid converted into vitamin A. One cup contains over 300% the recommended dose of vitamin A.
Vitamin A is essential for skin health making this a Skinternal skin food favorite. It also supports eye health and promotes a strong immune system.
This week’s challenge actions
- Get some pH strips to check your alkalinity levels. These are available at your local drugstore or online.
- Be sure to complete the Ep11 Challenge Response Form (blue sidebar or below for mobile) to get your summary notes on pH balance (alkalinity and acid) and Tiffany’s throat syrup recipe. Follow additional instructions on there to receive 25 additional points toward our giveaways.
- Continue to look for key words on our episode challenge pages and summary notes. Keep track of them to form the new words and phrase. We’ll have a complete phrase after episode 13.
- Follow us @tiffanyandersenbeauty180 and invite friends to join our challenge!
- ARE YOU ALL IN? Complete our Beauty & Wellness Evaluation.
EP 11 CHALLENGE QUESTION: What was your favorite part of this episode?