Remember when yoga seemed like something only health nuts and hippies did? Well not anymore. It’s ubiquitous. Well meditation is the “new” yoga. Okay so it’s not new, hence the quotation marks. It’s well on its way to being the newest health craze and its benefits are incredible. It affects the mind, body and spirit. Yes, it’s incredibly powerful people and it’s time to get on board.
Researchers say that those who practice daily meditation have profound effects on the body. I mean we’re talking huge people. If you’re looking for an overall healthier body, then this is it. Check out what meditation can do for you.
- It can increase your gray matter in the hippocampus. This is the part tied to compassion and self-awareness and that’s a win-win. Everyone can use a little more of that these days. Just saying…..
- Reduces heart risks. Mediation results in less stress and that means it’s good for your heart.
- Less inflammation. This is SO important. Once again. Less stress can result in less inflammation.
- Boosts immune system, especially in older people.
- Possibly lowers blood pressure. Less stress people. See a pattern here?
- Builds focus and concentration. This is a challenge for most of us. Try and sit there for five minutes with no outside thoughts. Not easy. At all.
- Promotes healthier relationships. This can be not only with other people but also with your body and even food. When you’re mindful, you have a healthier way of thinking on a whole.
- Eases anxiety and stress. This is extremely helpful for people with panic attacks. You learn how to breathe better which can control your anxiety and stress.
- Meditation is incredibly effective on training the brain for willpower. This is an obvious winner. Better willpower means better choices.
Find the type of meditation that works for you. You can try traditional or modern depending on what works for you. Maybe using an app could be more effective for you. Try turning off that TV or get off social media and try some silence. And guess what? The more you meditate, the more you benefit. It starts with three simple steps. First find a quiet place to meditate. Second, close your eyes and begin to focus. Lastly, breathe. How easy is that? And even better you can do this all for FREE. Now that’s something I can sign up for.
What questions do you have?
We’d love to hear from you!
Live in good health with beautiful skin!